Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend adventures

I can't believe it's already almost noon. I stayed up way too late last night watching Downton Abbey on Netflix, and daylight savings time just compounded the problem! Here's a few pictures of what I've been up to the last few days!

On Thursday night, Ben's dad was in town, so his sister made a really nice dinner and we played a couple games of Carcassonne. It was a lot of fun! Ben and I had never played before but we each won one game- gotta love beginner's luck!

I dragged my mom with me to Kohl's on Friday, with the intention of buying a new comforter for my bed...but I ended up thinking better of it. I only bought a couple of pairs of workout pants and a pizza pan. I've gotta save up some more money if I want to go on vacation again this winter! 

Saturday night has traditionally been date night for Ben and I, but neither of us is very good at thinking of anything exciting to do! Usually we just end up going out to eat and maybe renting  a movie. Instead, we decided to take Charlie to Petsmart in Ankeny. He's been stir crazy around the house lately, and he's never been there before. He did pretty well overall...although he did end up peeing a bit on the floor. They have cleaning supplies at the ends of some of the aisles, though, so no big deal. We got Milo a little kitty cave, and Charlie got a couple of stuffed toys and a new collar. Charlie was zonked out for the rest of the night- it must have been pretty overstimulating for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment