Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy MLK Jr. Day!



The title has nothing to do with this post, but I just wanted to point it out. I had the day off of work and school. Rather than work on homework, I enjoyed my day off! I did get to the grocery store this morning and stock up on food for this week. $120 later...yikes. Food is expensive. I know I could get the cost down if I did a better job of shopping the sales. $20 of that was protein supplements so that doesn't really count...and another probably $15 was food I should have not gotten, like Valentine's themed cookie dough. Oh well. We are still saving money and calories by not going out to eat very often. I tend to alternate healthy recipes with less healthy recipes it seems like. Tonight was an unhealthy one. Since I had some extra time to make dinner tonight, I figured I would try out the pizza stone Ben's mom got us for Christmas. I found a recipe for whole wheat pizza crust and made that by hand. I thought it turned out really well! It reminded me of the crust at Great Plains Pizza downtown. Unfortunately, Ben didn't like it at all. He took two slices and ripped the cheese and pepperoni off! More for me I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment