Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Meet the Birthday Girl!

This is my friend Genya, and her birthday was today : ) Happy Birthday, Genya!

Genya is sort of like a superhero...she has a two year old at home named Elliot, teaches 4th grade at Sawyer (where I went to school!), works out at Goals in Motion with me, teaches Zumba, and is taking graduate classes. Before I started working out at Goals, she won her 9 week challenge. While the rest of us ran a 5k at Midnight Madness, she figures what the heck I'll do the 10k. I don't want to misquote the number of her weight loss, so I'll leave that out, but I believe it starts with a 4...such an incredible lady : )

Genya was the one who kind of planted the seed that I could be a Zumba instructor. We have the same dance background- none whatsoever! I was really inspired by Arianna's Zumba classes, but Arianna could move like a superstar. Genya's classes were just plain fun and goofy. No skill required, just check your dignity at the door. So much fun and such a great stress reliever! Not to mention a fantastic cardio workout! Over the summer I would come to kickboxing and then stick around for Zumba afterwards so we had time to talk! When we were down a couple of instructors, Genya suggested I check out the Zumba training that was being held in Urbandale. So I did. More on my Zumba endeavors later : )

No comments:

Post a Comment