Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pinterest dessert recipe success= self discipline failure


Smores Cookies

Last time around with trying to get in shape and lose some weight, I was enrolled in a 9 week challenge, and with the end of the nine weeks came the end of my strict eating habits...This time around I am planning on making it work long term. I made up these rules for myself, and I've been able to live with them for a week or so now. These will allow me to still eat what I enjoy, but it will be something to plan for and look forward to rather than just blindly indulge whenever the mood strikes.
Each week (Sun-Sat) I get:
1. One cheat meal at a restaurant
2. One really good dessert
3. 1-2 drinks
Tonight, Ben and I went to Nevada to see his mom, his sister Aisha, her husband John. Rather than have a full meal, we had appetizers and dessert. I brought this lovely pinterest concoction. It turned out really well! I have to confess...although I did only have one dessert...it was eaten throughout the night and added up to a way bigger serving size than I should have had! It's not the end of the world, though. I'll see if I can fit in an extra cardio session tomorrow on top of Zumba. I think from now on I'll stick to single serving desserts at a bakery or ice cream shop, etc...that way I can't come back for serving after serving!

If you can't read the writing from the original pinterest recipe, it says:
1. Lay down graham crackers
2. Spread cookie dough on top (partially flatten in before you put it in or the graham crackers will break). Bake until mostly done 
3. Add chocolate pieces and marshmallows on top, bake until the marshmallows start to brown.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment