Thursday, January 24, 2013

Technology is really the best

Before I forget, I made a really delicious French Dip sandwich crockpot recipe for dinner tonight. It's super simple, too! 2-3 lb chuck roast cut into large pieces, 1 can beef broth, 1 can beef consumme, 1 can french onion soup. Put in the crockpot on low for 8 hrs and then shred. It was soooo good served on a wheat bun with a piece of provolone cheese. I'm going to have to add it into the rotation for sure! I didn't take a picture of it though, so instead I'll tell you about my stats class since that's what I've been doing from 7 pm-9:45. Whoohoo!

This exciting picture is of the software JMP which we use in my Stat 401 class. It is awesome! When I took statistics in high school, a lot of the class was focused on just learning how to enter data tables into a graphing calculator by hand to have it spit out the mean/median/ standard deviation. In my stats class we just have to download a data table, clip a couple of buttons to make the chart, and then not only will it tell you that info, it will make a chart as well. We're only on week two, but I hope this software will make learning stats. less about memorizing formulas and more about using tools that are available in real life. Thank goodness- I know my math skills have deteriorated somewhat due to lack of use!

No comments:

Post a Comment