Monday, January 28, 2013

Knitting class was...

SO MUCH FUN! Haha ok maybe all caps is a bit of an overstatement...but as expected it was really fun to spend an hour or two learning something new. It took me half an hour or so to figure out what the heck my fingers and yarn were supposed to be doing, but once I got the hang of it it was really fun! The teacher, Sarah, is really great. I know her through Zumba, and I knew she was into knitting. I didn't realize how many projects she's done, though! Amazing!
It looks like a flag so far : P I'm not sure if I picked the right hobby for doing at home, though... As soon as I got home and settled in on the couch, my dog lunged for my skein of yarn thinking it was the latest toy I brought home for him. I was so surprised my other needle went flying. Back on the couch, the cat decided he wanted it so he was batting at and chewing on the yarn as I was working. Luckily he has a short attention span, so it wasn't a constant annoyance! I see this being a great hobby when I need a short break from homework- just add a few rows to my knitting project!

No comments:

Post a Comment